There is a rich tradition of volunteer service in Spokane. Even nearly 100 years ago, in 1919, the Spokane Red Cross Chapter had a substantial volunteer force. (Pictured Above) Your museum is a great place to keep the tradition of volunteer service alive!
Volunteers at the Eastern Washington State Historical Society/Northwest Museum of Arts & Culture serve a vital service to our region’s cultural community and are an integral component of the museum’s support staff. Volunteering at our museum is a unique opportunity for people of all ages to challenge themselves in fun and interesting ways.
Current Volunteer Needs:
- Gallery Interpreters/Docents
- Campbell House Interpreters
- Campbell House School Group Interpreters
- Museum Store Volunteer
- Archival Assistants
- Master Gardeners
- Exhibit Set-up and Tear-down
- Youth Programs Assistants
Special Event Volunteer Opportunities:
- Mother’s Day Tour (5/8/20; 5/9/20)
- ArtFest (5/29/20; 5/30/20; 5/31/20)
Requirements for Volunteering:
- Submit a completed application
- A personal interview to discuss volunteer options and determine interests, goals, and availability
- An agreement to a criminal background check
- A minimum commitment of time
- Attendance at all required training sessions
- Provide advance notice if unable to assist for a scheduled volunteer assignment
Please contact the Museum’s Volunteer Programs Assistant, Linda Strong, for additional information at (509) 363-5359 or firstname.lastname@example.org.